Temporary Resident Services

Electronic Travel Authority (eTA)

Required for individuals from designated countries (countries that do not require travel visas), in order to come to Canada. *

Temporary Resident Visa (TRV)

Allows entry to Canada only.  Required for individuals from non-designated countries in order to travel to Canada.  There are three major types of Visa for Canada:  Single Entry Visa, Multiple Entry Visa and Super Visa.  Visas are required for all purposes:  to visit, to study and to work.  *

Visitor Record

Allows a foreign national to visit for an extended or reduced visit period of time for family or tourism purposes, but can also be used as a replacement for other documentation where exemptions are allowed. The standard amount of time allowed as a tourist or visitor is six months.

Study Permit

Allows a foreign national to attend school in Canada under specific conditions.  Some study permits also allow for a limited amount of on and off campus work.

Work Permit

Allows a foreign national to work under specific conditions.  There are two main types of work permit.  Employer specific work permits allow the individual to work only for the employer listed on the document.  Open work permits allow the individual to work for any employer, other than those employers for whom any work permit holder is restricted from working.

Temporary Resident Permit (TRP)

Allows a foreign national who would otherwise be deemed inadmissible to Canada, to come to Canada and remain for a specific period of time and for a specific purpose.


*To find out if you are from a designated or non-designated country, and to find out what Visa or Authorization works for you, please check the IRCC website or contact us at  info@bambooic.ca.